Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sisters, Oregon

My son has seen a lot of great things here at my aunt & uncle's house. Yesterday he watched the birds (who knew there were California Quail in Oregon?), today he saw deer in the yard, squirrels, a chipmunk, and more birds. He is loving all the space to run around.

We drove over to the town of Sisters today. I brought along info about nearby knitting and yarn stores in hopes that my aunt and I could go for a drive. She's not feeling well enough, but uncle kindly drove K. and me to Sisters so I could get some spinning supplies. I highly recommend Baabaara's Wild and Wooly. The owner, Pam is so friendly and was patient with my kid. I got some wool and a spindle. She didn't have little knitting needles (one of my size ones got broken) and sent me across the way to the Stitchin' Post. I wish I could have spent some time there, they have knitting and quilting supplies, and ultra air conditioning.

The drive over was awesome. First we saw a freight train. Then we saw livestock. And the mountains were just all around us. I post more about the stuff I bought when I get home.

No comments: