Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy 100th Mother's Day

According to Wikipedia the first Mother's Day involving 407 children happened 100 years ago, although it was not recognized officially until 1914.

Not a banner Mother's Day here. I feel like I've been awake since 1908. Kid did not sleep last night. I did not get to sleep in, in fact we were up at 6:15. I saw that Mr. TVP bought something for me at Norway Day last week and hid it away. I was presented with a nice box of chocolate today. Unfortunately I was dreaming of a piece of jewelry or something of the like, and am cutting back on chocolate. I had to do huge pile of dishes because Mr. TVP has a deep cut on a finger. Nice trip to the beach, but kid had a break down on the way home because father neglected to tell me that said kid did not eat his breakfast, so I didn't take a snack for him. Got kid down for nap, but I couldn't sleep. Went to Daughters of Norway meeting and returned to the place all torn apart. Hoping for an easy bedtime.

But yesterday was a good day, so I'll take what I can get.

No comments: