Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Poems of Color - Bohus Obsession

It's no wonder I can't get my bunad done. I am just enchanted with anything to do with fibers and color. I can't remember where I first learned about Bohus sweaters, but the beautiful, subtle colors have been sitting in my mind for a while now. I've been meaning to buy "Poems of Color" by Wendy Keele for some time and finally got it at Norway Day. Here is an English link to the Bohusläns Museum which has a Bohus collection and sells patterns and yarn.

Well, the story is intriguing and the designs are beautiful. I read the whole history portion of the book yesterday and have been mulling over the patterns today. I must make one some day. What will it be, The Sago Palm, The Blue Shimmer, or The Wild Apple, that is the question.

There are kits available at Stagecoach Yarns and from Solveig Gustafsson in Sweden. There is a Ravelry group, too. Four or five colors in a row? I had better start with a hat.

No comments: