Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Waste of $5.99

Edited 12/22/07 - see happy ending to this story here.

Dear Golden Bridge Enterprises,
I am writing to complain about a product you import, "Sultan Special Turkish Delight", made by gulluoglu, code 582. I sent them an email several weeks ago, but received no response.

I purchased this product for $5.99 at my local produce market. Here is a photograph of the package:


I didn't know exactly what Turkish Delight is supposed to be at the time, but judging by the photo it looked like it would be a juicy variety of treats with coconut, sesame seeds, and pistachios.

Imagine my disappointment when I opened the package and saw this:


First, there are only two kinds, not four like on the package. Second, they are not individual treats rolled in coconut and nuts, but just cut off a big roll. None have a piece of pistachio on them.

Here is a photo of the package and product together:


I tasted one and it was hard, dry and flavorless. I have since researched and found that Turkish delight is supposed to be soft and sweet.

Here is the back of the box:



"Special" Turkish Delight? Hardly. This is nothing short of false advertising. The photo shows four kinds of confection there are only two. They are not covered except the edges. They do not have slices of pistachio, only ground up pistachio. I looked at the ingredients list and sesame seeds aren't even listed, but there's a sesame seed confection on the package.

I look forward to hearing from you and receiving a refund of 5.99.

Best regards,

No comments: