Thursday, September 25, 2008

Yak Yak Yak

I just got home from a blogger mixer hosted by CBS 5 and Brittney Gilbert of Eye on Blogs. I had a lot of fun. I didn't meet any of the bloggers I intended to, but did talk to quite a few others whose blogs I look forward to reading.

The party was downtown, and I walked back to Market St. on Battery, ending up in front of the skyscraper I used to work in. It was very strange to be there again and to think of the hundreds of times I came up from the subway, went to the office, and went back down in the subway 8 hours later. I went for walks at lunch, but it was all so hum-drum.

I was surprised by how many people were out at 9:30 on a Thursday evening. Some of them were leaving bars and restaurants, a few were leaving their offices. A woman was trying to hail a taxi. One passed by and I could see a woman in the back laughing and sitting on someone's lap. The taxi-hailer and I watched it pass wistfully, for different reasons.

No comments: