Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thanks, Pal

I've started jogging again. I usually go to a nearby lake that has a dirt path and is 4.5 miles around. I've have been walking, riding my bike, and jogging there for over 20 years. I guess I just feel comfortable there.

Jogging is really hard for me. I never thought I could do it. I tried about seven or eight years ago, but went all out on the first few laps and of course couldn't get far without getting sick and overcome.

A couple years later I tried again in a more sensible manner. You know, run a couple minutes, walk a couple, etc. I worked up to running the whole 4.5 miles without stopping. I ran some 5Ks. Slowly, but I ran them. My biggest accomplishment was running the Bay to Breakers, 7.6 miles, including the infamous Hayes Street Hill.

Here is a little hill near my house. Sometimes I run on a nearby dirt path and come back up this street. Boring.
















What's that up ahead? Something interesting, I hope.

















Thanks! Just what I needed.














I don't know if I'll be able to keep up the jogging. It's hard to fit it in with the toddler and all. I certainly won't be doing the Bay to Breakers anytime soon, but I am signing up for the 5k part of Run for Arctic Awareness on May 3rd. It's part of Norway Day.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I had to giggle on reading the anonymous insult.
Good for you for keeping up with the exercise. I have slacked off big time this winter. We New Englanders have too many excuses we attribute to the weather.