Friday, February 15, 2008

Six-Word Memoirs

Have you heard about Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous & Obscure? Allegedly Hemmingway once wrote: "For sale: baby shoes, never worn." Smith magazine challenged their readers to sum up their lives in six word statements.

You can submit your own here to be considered for the next book.

Here are some I made up:
Spent fourteen years getting higher education
Tried to blog 365, was hard
My home houses many crusted things
I'm daughter, sister, wife, mom, friend
Used to be sharp, had baby
Wore diapers then, will wear again?
Touching fibers is kind of therapy
Three bikes, not one ridden lately
I found it hard to sum up my whole life in six words. Can you?

1 comment:

danny/ink2metal said...

that's a pretty cool idea, janice.

i shall have to try this one.