The trim and buttons for my Fana sweater came in the mail yesterday. I had procrastinated in ordering it, I think because I'm insecure about sewing on the facing. Then there was a little delay in the trim getting here. But it's here, so I can finish up the sweater, right? I pulled out the sleeves to see how much I have left to do and decided to rip them out again. I wasn't happy with the way the increases looked and some of the other knitting just doesn't look good either.
I made a lot of progress on the first one during nap-time today, and it looks better. While I was knitting I realized that Labor Day is in two weeks which means summer will be over, which means I have two weeks to finish, since this sweater is one the main goals on my summer knitting list.
I need to get someone to take the kid out for a few hours when I work on the facing, I think. I need to set the iron up, get out the cutting, mat, etc. Plus, have quiet when I cut the rest of the front steek. Maybe next weekend. But it has to be soon because I want to pin the sleeves in to make sure they are the right length, and I'm not cutting the sleeve steeks until I get the front steeks sealed up into the facing.