Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Non-monogamy and Cake

Here's a post-nap photo. I am not a monogamous knitter. First I cast on for a pair of little Coriolis socks, but realized about twelve rounds in I wouldn't have enough yarn for a pair. (My mother knit the blue blanket there for my son, recently she made a little one for his baby doll, and I thought I could use the last of it for practice socks from New Pathways for Sock Knitters).

So I picked up my hand spun hat which I just about finished but then decided is too tall, so I need to pull out a few rows. Did I mention I already frogged it once when it was two-thirds done?

Luckily the cabled socks with white toes were on the bedside table. Just started the toe decreases on one, I'm hoping to have them done before next Tuesday.

We've been celebrating K.'s birthday all week. It's nice giving him one present at a time so he really enjoys them and doesn't get overwhelmed. The stove was a huge hit. And I'm hoping it will keep him from "poppity-ing" things in our oven. Did you know size 14 needles are good for opening packages?

Another advantage, multiple birthday cakes, yum. This one was an ice-cream cake.

No comments: