Thursday, March 20, 2008

Nightmares

So, we are in a new portion of the never ending sleep problems around here. Last week Dad got kicked out of bed for being too restless. The kid is still waking up every two hours or so and will not go back to sleep for dad, only me. So, my evening alone time has been derailed again. I know things were better at one point, I remember knitting and watching t.v., even seeing the occasional Letterman. On the plus side, we finally have the little dear sleeping in his crib next to our bed. On the plus, plus side at least he isn't screaming every few hours.

You know, what makes me psycho is not only the overall lack of sleep, but being awakened numerous times. I think it fries the brain to have REM interrupted. I've always been one to have vivid dreams and remember them in the morning. It's different being awakened at 2:00 to a vivid dream. Sometimes it's hard to go back to sleep (not to mention having a small child who will only sleep with his face an inch from mine grabbing me).

I often have recurring dreams about the last thing I watch on t.v. or read on the internet. Unfortunately, the last thing I read the other night was this gossip piece about George Clooney and his fictitious plastic surgery (scroll down). Not a great visual to have seared into my brain at midnight, 2:00, 3:30, and 5:00 am. He really has, well, nerve to say things like this about himself. He must be very secure in his movie star manhood.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hope you get a good night's sleep soon. It is extra exhausting to be repeatedly woken.