Saturday, November 01, 2008

Freebie Kit

Hey readers, I've been cleaning out the craft closet. I'm going to a yarn swap in a couple weeks, but I found some sewing stuff I don't think I'll ever end up using. I found homes for some things on Ravelry, but wasn't sure what group to put this kit in, so I thought I would offer it here.

It's a felt "quiet book" kit from Keepsake Quilting. I think I had a quiet book as a kid, and I know my cousins had a neat one with Bible stories. So when I was pregnant I bought the kit with dreams of my little boy sitting quieting lacing and unbuttoning things. The reality is my son will not sit and be quiet using it, so it isn't worth putting the time and effort into making it.


With the kit you get the felt for the pages, shaggy felt for the bear, velcro, and a shoe lace. You provide the fabric for all the pictures. Of course you don't have to use the pattern included, you can use your own drawings.


If you would like it, I'll send it, within the U.S, to the first person who emails me at the gmail address over on the right column. Just let me know who you would make if for. You don't have to be a regular commentor or anything, lurkers welcome.

No comments: