Saturday, February 07, 2009

Pointy Hat Parade

Here's another pointy hat:


I blogged about the yarn I spun, 'Blue-Haired Mafia", here. I made up the pattern as I went along. I soon found it was easier to leave the paillettes on the back of the work, rather then pull them through (they are spun into the yarn). I'm sure there's a name for this, but instead of purling, I knit a section stockinette in the round, then did a wrap and turn and knit the next section, wrapped and turned. I like the roundness of the purl stitches with the pailletes. Only part of the yarn had paillettes, so I used them as an accent on the purl sections. They didn't look good right next to my face, so I frogged and left them off the first section on the second attempt.

It looks really good on the little guy.

I have a bunch of the yarn without paillettes left. Not enough for mittens, but almost. I guess I'll spin some white yarn or use something from the stash and make them striped.

1 comment:

Fluffy said...

Another great hat!