Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day


Hope everyone had as pleasant a day as I did. We went out early as a family for coffee at the ocean. There was hail standing on the ground, which is pretty unusual, it generally melts right away. There was even ice right on the sand at the beach. I only had my cell phone camera, what a bummer! Then we took a little trip for me to visit the job site I had yet to see. A rainbow was poking out of the clouds down the coast and back.

There were roses for me, a book and chocolate for K. Then a visit from Grandpa and naptime. This afternoon Mr. TVP and I went out on our own chocolate shopping and for a gourmet snack and drink.

On the way home we stopped in the park for a photo shoot. If we are "friends" on Ravelry then you've already seen my sweater there or maybe in person. But I did alter the sleeves and the overall length this past week.


I'm really happy with it. Makes me want to knit more sweaters!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Janice! Your sweater looks so cute on you; I can't believe you spun all the yarn on a drop spindle! Right now I'm spinning 6oz of merino/silk and it feels like it's going on forever!
See you at Purl Jam!

Kristen said...

What a wonderful sweater! It looks so comfy and the colors really do remind me of a rose garden. And I'm doubly impressed that you spun the yarn too.

Janice said...

Thank you, ladies. It is so snuggly.

Anonymous said...

the sleeves are perfect now. and thanks for braving the rain for a photo shoot. sounds like you had a great valentine's day. :)